Nine SMG-managed convention centers have received 2012 annual Reader's Choice Awards from “ConventionSouth” magazine, the meeting planning industry's top trade publication in the Southeast.
“The staff at SMG Convention Centers are the best in the industry and always deliver a great experience for our guests. We're proud that their hard work has been recognized by the readers of ‘ConventionSouth' with this important award,” said SMG Senior Vice President Bob McClintock.
Award recipients were selected from sites nominated by professional meeting planners throughout the year for exemplary customer service and excellent amenities. More than 1,500 voters participated this year in the selection process. “The value in receiving this prestigious recognition is that it comes from the United States' top meeting professionals who book events held in the South,” said “ConventionSouth” Publisher J. Talty O'Connor.
The SMG Convention Centers will be featured as award recipients in the December 2012 Awards Issue of “ConventionSouth” magazine, which is distributed to more than 18,000 meeting professionals located across the county who book meetings. Celebrating 30 years as a leading meeting planning resource, “ConventionSouth” magazine is based in Gulf Shores, Ala.
SMG Convention Centers receiving the 2012 Reader's Choice Award from “ConventionSouth”:
• Savannah International Trade & Convention Center (Savannah, GA)
• Shreveport Convention Center (Shreveport, LA)
• Jackson Convention Complex (Jackson, MS)
• Wilmington Convention Center (Wilmington, NC)
• Cox Convention Center (Oklahoma City, OK)
• Tulsa Convention Center (Tulsa, OK)
• Knoxville Convention Center (Knoxville, TN)
• Ford Park Event Center (Beaumont, TX)
• Hampton Roads Convention Center (Hampton Roads, VA)