Monday, March 25, 2013

Big Sandy Superstore Arena manager named Venues Today Generation Next Winner


And the award goes to…! Venues Today Magazine announced their selection of the 2013 Generation Next Award Winners and Brian Sipe, the General Manager of the SMG Managed Big Sandy Superstore Arena, has been named Venues Today Generation Next Reader's Choice Award Winner.    The annual award honors young professionals world-wide under the age of 35who make a difference in sports, music, conventions, family shows, fairs and festivals.

“I'm honored to be voted by my peers as a recipient of this award.  I thank my co-workers, family, friends, mentors, teachers and my Lord above for my life – I would not be in this position nor be as blessed as I am without their encouragement and support”, says Sipe.  Brian Sipe has been the General Manager since September of 2010 and in that time has been responsible for bringing a number of iconic acts to the venue including Reba McEntire, the Gaither Homecoming, Lady Antebellum, Zac Brown Band, Barry Manilow, Staind/Godsmack, Eric Church, Brantley Gilbert and many others.  Not only does he oversee 150 full- and part-time employees, but he has led his facility to an 11th place international ranking for ticket sales in March/April, 2012 and expects 2013 and 2014 to be historic years for the venue as well.