Thursday, August 1, 2013

SMG Tulsa General Manager, John Bolton, Named IAVM Board Chair


John Bolton, SMG General Manager of the BOK Center and Cox Business Center, begins his one-year-term as Board Chair of the International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM) this week at the VenueConnect conference in New Orleans.

“I am honored to serve as IAVM Chairman because I understand the important role this organization plays in our industry and to venue managers,” Bolton said. “Through IAVM, I have been given so many incredible opportunities to grow in my career and have developed lifelong friendships with colleagues.

“The opportunity to lead the organization allows me to give back to an industry I love, while helping others achieve their goals,” Bolton added.

“I am thrilled to have John Bolton leading our Association in the coming year. His twenty years of venue industry expertise, collaborative nature, steady calm demeanor, and ability to focus people together on a common goal, give me no doubt that John will deliver results for our organization. I am confident he will take IAVM to new and exciting levels of support and inspiration for our members; and I am also happy to share this journey with a fellow Oklahoman,” added IAVM President and CEO Vicki Hawarden.